St Andrew’s Day Festival
Date: 01 December 2019
Location. Mill Street & Horizon Car Park
Time. 10.00 – 5pm (Spirit of Scotland Market) 12noon – 5pm (Entertainment)
The City of Perth will celebrate St Andrew’s Day on Sunday 01 December 2019. Visitors should not miss the Spirit of Scotland Market which will be showcasing Scottish Food & Drink with the tribal celtic music of CLANADONIA providing a suitable musical background. There will be a live music stage operating from 12 noon to 17.00 to celebrate St Andrew’s Day with stage performances from Mad Ferret, The Skids, Big Country, Stevie Agnew and the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.
To conclude the event there will be a small parade from St John’s Street to Mill Street with the Provost of Perth escorted by Perth Pipe Band and the Vale of Atholl Pipe Band to deliver the St Andrew’s Day message.
- The legendary Scottish Celtic Rock band, BIG COUNTRY still features two of the original founding members Bruce Watson and Mark Brzezicki.In 2019 The Band will be performing the 40th Anniversary of Steeltown and will appear in Perth for the St Andrew’s Day Celebrations.
- The MAD FERRET BANDfrom Perth is known on the Scottish music scene for their hard hitting blend of traditional and contemporary folk music. Their lively, energetic performances are packed with “blisteringly fast mandolin solos”, tight vocal harmonies, driving Cajun beats and earth-moving guitar sounds
- THE RED HOT CHILLI PIPERS havebeen described as bagpipes with attitude, drums with a Scottish accent and a show so hot it carries its own health warning. They have a pool of the very best musicians from Scotland and across the globe – many holding World Champion titles and all serious players with impressive credentials and qualifications.
Get Ready Perth, THE RED HOT CHILLIS are coming to your city!
- TheSKIDS are a Scottish punk rock and new wave band, formed in Dunfermline, Fife, in 1977 by Stuart Adamson and Richard Jobson. Their biggest success was the 1979 single “Into the Valley” and the 1980 album The Absolute Game. In 2016 the band announced a 40th anniversary tour of the UK with their original singer Richard Jobson.
- STEVIE AGNEW is a Scottish singer, songwriter and has been writing and gigging for over 20 years and his albums include Wrecking Yard and Bad Blood and Whiskey, both albums are highly acclaimed with great reviews, reaching the top 20 in the charts. He has amassed a large following on the pub and club circuit and has performed alongside many artists including The Stereophonics, Status Quo and Nazareth. His influences and styles include country, blues, Americana and rock n roll. Stevie delivers a perfect night of entertainment with songs and styles ranging from AC/DC to Kenny Rogers and Bob Marley to Elvis Presley, songs to suit all different ages and musical tastes.
CLANADONIA are a Drums & Pipes band with a difference – their music, passion, culture, history, people, ancestral bloodlines – are all bonded within the music. Clanadonia’s mission is to spread bagpipe and drum fuelled havoc amongst the general public throughout the known world and judging by the feedback, their music has travelled to every corner of the earth!