When it comes to online shopping we are so conditioned to go straight to the big boys that we often forget about our local, independent shops. It's also true that we tend to think about our Perth Indies as people and businesses that we visit. We associte them with beautiful bricks and mortar shops, great service and a personal touch that is all too often removed from an online shopping expereince.
However, what if we told you that some of your favourite independent shops are now available to shop with online? Same great quality, same exceptional service and the same warm fuzzy feeling you get when you know you've supported a small, family-owned business. And in true Perth Indie style, some of these amazing shopkeepers will personally drop your parcel straight to your door - you don't get that from Jeff Bezos!
Top Five Reasons To Love Local in Lockdown
- The service remains as fabulous and personal as ever. Need a different size? Different colour? Want to know if there are more to come in? Your questions will be answered by the business owner and the team who serve you each and every time you step into their shop. No call centres, no searching for hours to find a contact form - and no dodgy hold music!
- Quality and authenticity is guaranteed. How many of us have bought a bargain online only to be disappointed when something very different arrived? These great businesses will reopen again on your High Street soon and they want you to be so impressed with their goods that you keep coming back.
- Local shops delivering locally cut down on shopping miles. We all want to do more for the planet and choosing to shop in your local area is a great way to make a small difference. Perth is working hard to become one of Europe's most sustainable small cities and you can help support that when you choose to love local.
- Keep your money in your local area. A thriving local economy is good for all of us - it creates jobs, opportunities and better services. When you spend with a local business, chances are they're paying the wages of another local person, spending in another local shop and ultimately keeping Perth and the surrounding towns financially bouyant.
- Be there for a real person like you. The small business owners of Perth are finding things really tough at the minute. There aren't many Amazon sized millionaires among them! You can make a difference in a real person's life - in fact every time you place an order one of our Indies does their happy dance!
Want to meet a few of these amazing people? Of course you do!
- Evalucia, local fashion boutique stocking French Connection, Ichi, Connock and Laines of London.
- Provender Brown, local artisan deli stocking cheeses, wines, gins and both local and international speciality ingredients.
- Quince & Cook, local homewares shop stocking rangetop stoves including Aga and Rangemaster, as well as decorative items and kitchenwares
- Precious Sparkle, specialist gift shop including accessories and homewares, and eco-fashion specialist
- The Bean Shop, artisan coffee roasters and loose leaf tea afficiandos
- Parklands Boutique Hotel, independent city centre hotel open for key workers during lockdown
- T Paterson Jewellers, precious gems, jewllery and watch specialists
- Frames Gallery, specialists in established and emerging Scottish artists
Shop online, book a swanky meal to be delivered to your home or cheer yourself up with a big bunch of beautiful flowers - all from your local, independent business owners. Find out more through our links:
Shop Online with Local Businesses : Perth Based >
Eat At Home With Local Buisness : Perth Based >