‘DisabledGo, the Uk’s leading provider of access information are working in partnership with Perth & Kinross Council and have produced an online access guide featuring detailed access information to over 1,000 public venues across Perthshire. All sorts of venues are covered such as: shops, restaurants, café’s, hotels, tourist attractions, libraries, leisure centres and many more. Every venue featured on the guide has been visited and assessed by a specialist DisabledGo surveyor, trained to bring you the most accurate and comprehensive access information.
So if you want to know…
- Whether somewhere has accessible parking
- If there are steps to access a building
- Whether there’s a hearing loop (and more importantly, if staff know how to use it)
- If signage and information is clear and available in large print or braille, or
- If staff receive disability awareness training
All the information is available on http://www.disabledgo.com/organisations/perth-kinross-council/main-2 and is free to use. IT can be viewed on tablets and smart phones so you’ll have access information to hand when you’re out and about and need it the most.’